Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What a Bother?

Two weeks ago before school ended, pre exam tests were in full flow. On such a day I was taking my Maths test. Right then the intercom beeped up, and a voice came out to ask me to be sent down to the office. I received a shock of life. What had I done?
Previously I had never been called down to the office for anything that I had done. And nor could I remember anything I had done which was so bad for which I was to be called down to the office.
When I was called inside, I walked in with a trembling heart. Well the matter couldn't have been funnier. The Principal had called me down for a Facebook group I had made. All that was wrong in it was that the group concerned our school, but didn't even have its name on it. Well, I could somehow manage to speak myself out of this trouble without any consequences.
However, I gave quite a bit of thought to it about how much it was feasible for the school to monitor even our Facebook groups. I mean, come on, it's a social group. What do you expect? I just felt that the school shouldn't really get into each and every thing of the student without any real purpose. It was a right down bother, and nothing at all except that. The school, after all, doesn't have anything to do with this.

2 Comments:

At June 17, 2008 at 7:40 AM , Blogger rupak said...

I'd like to recall an anecdote of similar fashion. Actually what happened was we had a community of fellow mechanical students from our college on orkut, i.e. another social networking site. On a thread we started discussing out faculty and soon the thing went out of control. People started abusing the lecturers and other faculty members openly. The moderator of the community didn't bother and soon the HOD had to call all of us who had posted and reprimand us for what we had done.

 
At June 17, 2008 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Open Mind said...

so how did you feel about that though?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home