Sunday, June 15, 2008

Not Altogether Brilliant

Throughout the year we wait for the school to finish and the summer holidays to begin. This is all very good when one stay on at a single school for a while. However, it does not seem the same when you leave your friends forever, and you know that you might never meet them again.
For the last two years, I came home from school jubilant after the school ended and the summer holidays started. When I did join after the holidays I saw that many students had gone, and some new faces had arrived. I had not felt the least perturbed by that. It was natural enough for me. But this year I felt a bit sad while leaving. I knew that I would not be able to meet my friends again next year. Those whom I knew through all these three years I knew I might stay in touch, but I was more worried about the friends I have made this year. I do hope that I will be able to keep in touch with them.
A decade ago, it had been more difficult to keep in contact with friends after moving away, but now it is much easier. Social groups like Orkut, Facebook, and many others are accessible and it is easier to keep in touch with friends.
The summer holidays have begun, and it is indeed a good feeling but it is slightly marred by the fact that I am leaving my friends behind with whom I don't know when I will meet again. It is a good feeling but not altogether brilliant. The end of school is not always a thing to be rejoiced about, but rather it is a source of misery and sadness sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home